How to make:
Jalapeno Zucchini Cornbread
Sneak in some extra veggies with this Jalapeno Zucchini Cornbread! It’s the perfect vegan jalapeno cornbread to spice up your summer spread.
- 1 tablespoon flax meal + 2 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk + 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups fine cornmeal
- 1/2 cup oat flour*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons vegan cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, avocado oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 cup zucchini, grated and packed
- ½ cup corn
- 2 jalapeños, seeds removed and chopped, plus slices for topping
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease an 8×8-inch pan.
- In a small bowl, combine flax meal and water to make a flax egg; place in the fridge. In another small bowl, stir together milk and vinegar. Let the mixtures sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, place cornmeal, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir.
- In the bowl with the milk mixture, add the flax egg, applesauce, sugar and oil. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Fold in zucchini, corn and jalapeno until the vegetables are evenly incorporated throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan. Bake for 25-27 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven; let the bread cool in the pan for a few minutes before cutting.
*To make your own oat flour, simply add rolled oats to a blender or food processor; blend until a fine flour forms. Then measure oat flour.
1073.2 g244.4 mg2.4 g0.3 g19.5 g1.9 g2.4 g0 mg