Sushi Tofu Nachos
Serve these Sushi Tofu Nachos to feed a crowd a wholesome, plant-based dinner packed with protein! This savory dish features crispy tofu and a Sriracha sauce for heat.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- 1/2 14-ounce package extra firm tofu, drained and pressed*
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 3.5-ounce package rice crackers
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 1/2 roasted nori sheet, cut into thin strips
- Cut tofu into 1/2-inch cubes; place in a medium bowl. Add soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger; toss to coat evenly.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add cooking oil. When hot, add tofu. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring, until golden and crispy on all sides.
- Place rice crackers on a plate in a single layer. In a bowl, add rice and vinegar; stir. Top crackers evenly with rice, cucumber, carrots, peppers, avocado, and tofu.
- In a small bowl, add mayonnaise and sriracha; stir. Drizzle onto nachos.
- Top with green onions and nori strips.
*Use a tofu press, or wrap the tofu in paper towels and place in the sink with a heavy object on top. Press for 10-15 minutes.