Vegan Cream Cheese: Garlic and Herb
Save some money by making your own vegan cream cheese! Made with tofu and cashews, these cream cheese recipes are wholesome spreads for toast, crackers and more.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- Category: Dips
- 1/2 14-ounce package extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed*
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- In a blender or food processor, place all ingredients except the chives, parsley and dill. Blend until smooth, adding more non-dairy milk or water if needed.
- Add chives, parsley and dill. Stir to combine.
- Store in an airtight container or jar for up to a week.
*Use a tofu press, or wrap the tofu in paper towels and place in the sink with a heavy object on top. Press for 10-15 minutes.