How to make:
Coconut Almond Cookies
These Coconut Almond Cookies are deliciously soft and full of nutty flavor. It’s a vegan oatmeal cookie recipe without a raisin in sight!
Rating: 4.7 from 3 reviews
- 1 tablespoon flax meal + 2 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 packet BetterOats Raw Pure & Simple Organic Maple Brown Sugar (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup oat flour*
- 1/2 cup sliced or chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease the pan.
- Make a flax egg. In a medium bowl, add flax meal and water. Stir; set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix the dry ingredients together. In a large bowl, add oats, oat flour, almonds, coconut, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
- Make the cookie dough. To the medium bowl with flax meal mixture, add almond butter, maple syrup, applesauce, milk, vanilla and almond extract. Whisk to combine until the mixture is smooth. Slowly pour into the dry ingredients. Stir until a dough forms.
- Form the cookies. Form 2-tablespoon-sized balls of dough and place on the baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Slightly flatten the cookie dough with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, depending on how soft or crispy you want your cookies.
- Let the cookies cool on the pan for about 5 minutes before removing with a spatula.
*To make your own oat flour, simply blend rolled oats until a fine flour forms.
1 cookie1585.3 g60.9 mg10 g2.5 g14.5 g2.8 g4.3 g0 mg