How to make:
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas, or 1 15-ounce chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons water, plus more if desired
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons fresh basil, packed
- 1/2 cup kale, stems removed, packed
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, plus more for topping
- In the bowl of a food processor, place lemon juice and tahini. Process until smooth.
- Add the chickpeas, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Process until fully combined and smooth. Slowly add the water while it’s processing.
- Add the basil, kale, and walnuts. Process until the basil and kale are chopped into fine pieces, adding more water if it gets too thick.
- Top with crumbled walnuts and fresh basil; serve with fresh veggies or chips.