How to make:
Quinoa Fried Rice
One serving of this Quinoa Fried Rice packs 23 grams of protein! This Chinese-inspired dish uses quinoa instead of rice for a fun twist on a classic.
- 2 bags Success Boil-in-Bag Tri-Color Quinoa
For the tofu:
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 14-ounce block extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed*, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
For the quinoa fried rice:
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup canned sliced carrots, drained
- 1 cup green peas, drained
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Sliced green onions
- Fill a medium saucepan with water. Bring to a boil; add Success Boil-in-Bag Tri-Color Quinoa. Boil for 10 minutes, then drain. Set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add sesame oil. When hot, add tofu. Pour soy sauce on top; stir. Cook for 3-5 minutes, flip tofu, and cook for 3-5 more minutes, until crispy. Transfer tofu to a plate; set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon sesame oil. When hot, add onion; cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring, until onions are translucent. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add cooked quinoa, carrots, green peas, soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Stir.
- Serve quinoa fried rice with tofu and sliced green onions.
*Use a tofu press, or wrap the tofu in paper towels and place in the sink with a heavy object on top. Press for 10-15 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 417.1
- Sugar: 5.0
- Sodium: 673.6
- Fat: 20.7
- Saturated Fat: 2.8
- Unsaturated Fat: 13.8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 36.6
- Fiber: 8.6
- Protein: 23.1
- Cholesterol: 0