One serving of this Quinoa Fried Rice packs 15 grams of protein! This quinoa stir fry is a Chinese-inspired dish that’s ready in under 1 hour. In partnership with Success Rice!
Quinoa Fried Rice
I cannot even begin to estimate how many batches of fried rice we’ve made over the last 6 months. The limit does not exist! It truly is the one of the easiest, tastiest dishes to whip up in a pinch.
Since we’ve eaten fried rice so much, I thought I’d switch it up a little by making QUINOA fried rice! I know it’s kind of a misnomer, but you get it, right?
I’m so excited to announce my partnership with Success Rice! We’re using their Success Boil-in-Bag Tri-Color Quinoa for this quinoa fried rice recipe.
Did you know that quinoa is technically a seed, even though we use it like a grain? Per cup, it has 8 grams of protein and half your daily fiber recommendation! Plus, it contains all 9 essential amino acids (essential means that you need to consume them because your body can’t make them).
Vegan Quinoa Fried Rice Ingredients
Fried rice is a traditional Chinese dish. It’s actually believed that the dish was perhaps created to use up leftover rice to avoid food waste!
Traditionally, fried rice contains rice, vegetables, eggs, and soy sauce. Since this is a vegan fried rice with quinoa, we’re adjusting the ingredients a bit…
- Quinoa. We’re using two bags of Success Boil-in-Bag Tri-Color Quinoa. This quinoa cooks in just 10 minutes, making it perfect for easy weeknight meals!
- Vegetables. I’m using canned carrots and green peas, but this fried rice with quinoa is perfect for using any leftover vegetables.
- Tofu. Instead of eggs, I opted to top the quinoa fried rice with fried tofu. For a version closer to the classic, throw in some scrambled tofu that resembles eggs!
- Soy sauce. I’m using low-sodium soy sauce so I can better control the saltiness.
How Do I Make Quinoa Fried Rice?
You only need to use one pan for this whole fried quinoa recipe! We love versatility over here.
First, boil the Success Boil-in-Bag Tri-Color Quinoa. Then, fry the tofu in a little sesame oil and soy sauce (the best combo, in my opinion).
Finally, saute the onion and garlic, then add the rest of the ingredients.
Last but not least, clean the ONE dish you needed for this recipe. It’s a miracle, really.
How to Meal Prep with Quinoa
I know I’ll definitely be making more quinoa recipes with Success Boil-in-Bag Tri-Color Quinoa since it cooks perfectly in only 10 minutes! Here are some quinoa recipes you might like:
- Cheesy Chickpea, Quinoa & Broccoli Casserole
- Quinoa Veggie Black Bean Burgers
- Easy Quinoa Salad with Tomatoes & Spinach
- Creamy Coconut Tropical Quinoa
- Quinoa Crab Cakes (vegan) by Simply Quinoa
Quinoa Fried Rice
One serving of this Quinoa Fried Rice packs 15 grams of protein! This quinoa stir fry is a Chinese-inspired dish that’s ready in under 1 hour.
- 2 bags Success Boil-in-Bag Tri-Color Quinoa
For the tofu:
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 14-ounce block extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed*, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
For the quinoa fried rice:
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup canned sliced carrots, drained
- 1 cup green peas, drained
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Sliced green onions
- Fill a medium saucepan with water. Bring to a boil; add Success Boil-in-Bag Tri-Color Quinoa. Boil for 10 minutes, then drain. Set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add sesame oil. When hot, add tofu. Pour soy sauce on top; stir. Cook for 3-5 minutes, flip tofu, and cook for 3-5 more minutes, until crispy. Transfer tofu to a plate; set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon sesame oil. When hot, add onion; cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring, until onions are translucent. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add cooked quinoa, carrots, green peas, soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Stir.
- Serve quinoa fried rice with tofu and sliced green onions.
*Use a tofu press, or wrap the tofu in paper towels and place in the sink with a heavy object on top. Press for 10-15 minutes.
Thanks to Success Rice for sponsoring this post! I love working with brands whose products I really love and would honestly recommend. Thank you for your support!