How to make:
Strawberry Cheesecake Swirl Vegan Brownies
Treat yourself and your loved ones to these fudgy Strawberry Cheesecake Swirl Vegan Brownies! Each bite is full of rich chocolate and sweet strawberry flavor. (gluten-free)
For the brownies:
- 2 tablespoons neat egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup almond butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup oat flour*
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
For the cheesecake swirl:
- 1/2 12-ounce package extra-firm silken tofu
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon oat flour*
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease an 8×8-inch pan.
- In a small bowl, add neat egg and 1/4 cup water; stir. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, add sugar, almond butter, applesauce, non-dairy milk and neat egg mixture. Process until well-combined, stopping to scrape down the sides.
- Add oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, vanilla, and salt. Process until completely smooth. Add chocolate chips; stir until fully incorporated into the batter. Pour batter into the pan.
- In a clean blender or food processor, add all cheesecake swirl ingredients. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture over brownie batter. Use a knife to swirl the cheesecake filling into the top of the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes; place in fridge for faster cooling time.
*To make your own oat flour, simply place rolled oats in a blender or food processor and blend until a fine flour forms.