How to make:
Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Salad Sandwich
This Buffalo Chickpea Salad Sandwich is a great vegan lunch to pack! It’s a spicy take on chickpea salad that will keep you feeling satisfied.
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 12 slices Silver Hills Bakery The Big 16 (or any Silver Hills Bakery bread)
- Toppings: spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc.
- In a medium bowl, mash chickpeas with a fork or potato masher until all are mashed, leaving a bit of texture.
- Add carrots, celery, green onions, bell pepper, hummus, hot sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Mix until ingredients are completely combined.
- Toast bread slices.
- Scoop chickpea salad onto a piece of bread, top with desired sandwich toppings, and then another piece of bread.
If packing for lunch, pack chickpea salad and bread separately to prevent the bread getting soggy.
3917.5 g1031.5 mg6 g0.4 g61.4 g15.4 g19.6 g0 mg