How to make:
Vegan Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
A bowl of this easy Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup is the perfect weeknight meal! This vegan recipe is a cozy bowl full of plant-based protein requiring minimal prep work.
6 hours 10 mins
Rating: 5 from 11 reviews
- 1 pound dry black beans
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeños, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 cup salsa or diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, about 4 cloves
- 1 heaping tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (decrease or omit for a milder soup)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Avocado and cilantro for topping, if desired
- In a large bowl, place beans. Fill with water about 1 inch over the beans. Let them soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- In the bowl of a slow cooker, place beans, broth, onion, pepper, jalapeños, salsa, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, cayenne, and paprika. Stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 6 hours, until beans are completely cooked.
- When the soup is done, you can either leave it as is, process or blend half the soup until smooth and return it to the pot, or process or blend all of the soup until smooth.
- Serve warm; top with avocado and cilantro.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also freeze the soup and reheat when ready to eat.
1 bowl3036.4 g700.2 mg1.7 g0.4 g57.1 g13.8 g17.7 g0 mg