This post has been sponsored by the J.M. Smucker Company and The WhiteWave Foods Company. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Treat yourself during the colder months to a creamy Dairy-Free Salted Caramel Latte! It’s a tasty vegan coffee drink perfect to serve during the holidays.
If you would have told me two…five…ten years ago that I would be posting a latte recipe on my food blog, I would’ve laughed at you. (Actually, I probably would’ve laughed at the fact that I would be running a food blog at all.)
Let me let you in on a little secret: I used to hate strongly dislike coffee. I thought it was nasty and bitter, and I never understood why on earth anyone would want to drink it. Don’t hate me!
Obviously things have changed since then. There wasn’t a day when I said, “Wow, I love coffee! This stuff is great!” It was a gradual process of having a cup here and there, and then really enjoying the taste.
I don’t drink it every day, though. Which means that when I decide to have a cup (usually at 3 p.m. on long days when I need a boost), I really savor the flavor.
I found that I’m definitely a medium roast girl and that I need a little non-dairy milk in there. Definitely not on the black coffee train yet!
One thing I really like about coffee is that you can customize your cup with so many different flavors. Ready for Christmas? Add a touch of peppermint extract. Sweatin’ like crazy in the summer? Have it iced. Feeling ~extra~ basic? Throw some pumpkin spice in there.
Feeling like you really want to treat yourself to the most delicious cup of coffee without leaving the comfort of your own home? Make this dairy-free salted caramel latte. 😍
As soon as I saw that Silk came out with Almond Creamers (!!!) and that there was a Caramel flavor, I instantly knew I wanted needed to make a salted caramel latte. Doesn’t that just sound so comforting?!
I was able to pick up the Silk® Almond Coffee Creamer and Folgers® Classic Roast Coffee at Target along with all of the other ingredients! Target has really stepped up their game with dairy-free and plant-based options in the grocery section, so I love shopping there and seeing new items. I also picked up the glasses, the gold spoon and the carafe from Target!
Also, have you ever heard of the Cartwheel app? A very nice lady at Target gave me the scoop on this magical app and now I save every time I shop. 👏🏼🏼
The Cartwheel app is basically a virtual coupon book for Target. All you have to do is select the savings you want to use on your trip and scan the barcode at the register. YAY for saving money!
About this dreamy salted caramel latte: all you need is Folgers® Classic Roast Coffee + Silk® Caramel Almond Creamer + non-dairy milk for the base. Hot or cold is up to you. ☕️
Also up to you are the “extras.” I mean, they’re technically optional…but very, very strongly recommended. How can you say no to coconut whipped cream and salted date caramel? YAS.
This is the perfect decadent coffee drink to serve to all of your loved ones this holiday season! Let me know if you try it – I know you (and everyone else) will LOVE it!
- 2 cups brewed Folgers® Classic Roast Medium Coffee
- ½ cup Silk® Caramel Almond Creamer
- ½ + ⅓ cup non-dairy milk, divided
- 1 13.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- ½ cup pitted dates
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- If serving lattes hot, warm brewed coffee in the microwave or over the stove. If serving lattes cold, refrigerate overnight. Divide into two glasses. Add ice if serving cold.
- Add half of the creamer to each glass of coffee. Add ¼ cup non-dairy milk to each glass of coffee. Stir to combine.
- For the coconut whipped cream: Scoop out the solid white coconut cream at the top of the can and add to a bowl; save the liquid coconut milk for another recipe. Using a hand mixer or whisk, whip the coconut cream until smooth and fluffy. Add a scoop on top of each latte.
- For the date caramel: To a blender or food processor, add dates, ⅓ cup non-dairy milk and salt; blend until smooth. Drizzle on top of each latte.
- Sprinkle lattes with a pinch of salt.
Thanks to J.M. Smucker Company and The WhiteWave Foods Company for sponsoring this post! I love working with brands whose products I really love and would honestly recommend. Thank you for supporting this blog that I love oh-so-much!
10 Days to Your Plant-Powered Kitchen: A FREE Email Challenge!
Learn the basics of plant-based cooking, pantry staples & more! Get inspired to be your healthiest self through 10 days of FREE emails with helpful tips & recipes!