This Curried Chickpea Wrap is a simple, no-cook option for a quick lunch! Filled with beans, vegetables, & a creamy curry sauce, this wrap makes for a nutritious & satisfying meal. In partnership with Cans Get You Cooking.
I’ll be honest: I have a love/hate relationship with curry. I really do like the flavor and the traditional dishes it’s used in, like tikka masala and peanut curry and Thai curry.
But I get sick of it really easily. One time I made a huge batch of vegetable curry in the slow cooker and was only able to eat it for 2 days. Not normal for me, since I live off of leftovers.
How to fix this problem? Not sure, but I’m trying to use curry powder more to get my palate used to it. First recipe to try: this Curried Chickpea Wrap!
I’m very excited to partner with Cans Get You Cooking this month (National Canned Food Month!) to share recipes, like this curried chickpea wrap that features canned foods. I love working with them because canned foods go hand in hand with my core value of accessibility for everyone. You can find canned foods at ANY grocery store, no matter where you live!
Fun fact: adults and children who use 6+ canned foods per week are more likely to have higher dietary levels of 17 essential nutrients. 🌿
For this curried chickpea wrap, we’re using canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), sliced beets, and green peas. I always keep a few cans of chickpeas and vegetables in my pantry to throw together quick meals!
To those canned foods, some red bell peppers, a deeeeeeliciously creamy drinkable curry-yogurt sauce, and wrap it all up in a whole grain tortilla. Use a gluten-free tortilla if needed!
The wrap filling would also be delicious in lettuce wraps or on top of whole grains in a Buddha bowl. You do you. 🤟🏼
Curried Chickpea Wrap
This Curried Chickpea Wrap is a simple, no-cook option for a quick lunch! Filled with beans, vegetables, & a creamy curry sauce, this wrap makes for a nutritious & satisfying meal.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Main Meals
- 1 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned green peas, drained
- 1 cup canned sliced beets, drained, rinsed, and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, core removed and diced
- 2 medium stalks celery, finely diced
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric (optional)
- 6 whole grain tortillas*
- In a large bowl, add chickpeas, peas, beets, bell pepper, celery, onion, and cilantro. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, add non-dairy yogurt, tahini, curry powder, salt, pepper, and turmeric. Whisk to combine. Pour over chickpeas and vegetables; stir until all ingredients are evenly coated in the sauce.
- Place about 1 cup of the filling in the center of a tortilla. Fold in the sides of the tortilla, then roll into a wrap. Repeat until are tortillas are filled.
*Use gluten-free if needed.
Thanks to Cans Get You Cooking for sponsoring this post! I love working with brands whose products I really love and would honestly recommend. Thank you for supporting this blog that I love oh-so-much!