This loaded Vegan Breakfast Plate is the ultimate weekend brunch! It features eggy tofu scramble, veggie bacon, and crispy roasted potatoes. In partnership with Sweet Earth Foods!
What did you eat for breakfast growing up? Thankfully my mom made sure we had a solid home-cooked breakfast every single morning. Usually we had fried eggs and toast, oatmeal (I used to HATE it), or Cheerios with fruit. Bacon was pretty rare. Cinnamon rolls from the can were a real treat.
Nowadays, toast is usually my go-to—one with avocado, one with peanut butter. It’s quick and filling. I always save the avocado toast for last because I want to end with savory. Is that weird?
Other breakfasts I have are oatmeal, buckwheat breakfast cakes, and (when I’m really treating myself) tofu scramble.
What happens when you put tofu scramble with veggie bacon and roasted potatoes? HEAVEN.
This Vegan Breakfast Plate is inspired by the classic American breakfast—bacon, eggs, and potatoes. We’re totally veganizing it, of course! Here’s how we’re doing it:
- Tofu scramble instead of eggs. You just need a few minutes to sauté crumbled tofu for a great replacement for eggs. The KEY ingredient is kala namak (black salt)—it gives the tofu a real eggy flavor thanks to sulfur.
- Sweet Earth Benevolent Bacon instead of pork bacon. No need to harm any animals for that bacon taste we all love! This Sweet Earth bacon is made from 100% plants and has 10 grams of protein per serving.
- Roasted potatoes are already vegan… yay!
This vegan breakfast plate is begging you to make it for a weekend brunch. 🍸 Save this recipe for when you have a bit of extra time in the morning to treat yo’ self to a nice breakfast!
Or… breakfast for dinner?! Can’t say I didn’t eat this plate for dinner after I photographed it.
Vegan Breakfast Plate: Bacon, Tofu Scramble, and Potatoes
This loaded Vegan Breakfast Plate is the ultimate weekend brunch! It features eggy tofu scramble, veggie bacon, and crispy roasted potatoes.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
For the potatoes:
- 2 medium Russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the tofu “egg” scramble:
- 1 14-ounce block extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed*
- 1/2 teaspoon kala namak (black salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
For the bacon:
- 1 package Sweet Earth Foods Benevolent Bacon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray or oil.
- Chop the potatoes into 1/2-inch chunks; place in a large bowl. Add oil and seasonings; stir to evenly coat potatoes. Place potatoes on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until fork tender and crispy.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add a few tablespoons of water. Crumble tofu into the pan; use a wooden spoon to break up any large pieces. Add seasonings; stir. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, add as many strips of veggie bacon you can fit in your pan. Cook veggie bacon according to package directions until all strips are cooked.
- Create a plate with 2 strips of veggie bacon, a scoop of tofu scramble, and a scoop of potatoes. Top with sliced green onion, if desired.
*Use a tofu press, or wrap the tofu in paper towels and place in the sink with a heavy object on top.
Thanks to Sweet Earth Foods for sponsoring this post! I love working with brands whose products I really love and would honestly recommend. Thank you for supporting this blog that I love oh-so-much!