What’s better than a giant cookie? A giant Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie! It’s rich and fudgy, but made a bit healthier using oats and lentils. Vegan & gluten-free! In partnership with So Delicious Dairy Free.
One of my favorite desserts on my blog is the Vegan Skillet Brownie made with a secret ingredient (pssssst: it’s lentils). Which is funny, because I’m not a huge chocolate fiend. I personally think the recipe doesn’t get as much love as it should… my recipes are like my babies, so I love when people give them love.
Maybe chocolate isn’t your #1 thing, either. What about peanut butter? I GOT YOU.
Introducing this Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie!
Do you prefer chewy or crunchy cookies? I’m definitely a very-chewy-nearly-raw cookie person. That’s why I love skillet cookies so much (and why I think they’ve been popular recently)–they’re basically just the chewy part of a cookie. What could be better than that?!
You may be surprised by what this peanut butter skillet cookie is made of. Of course peanut butter adds richness and healthy fats, and peanut butter powder (try to buy unsweetened) adds even more peanut flavor. Oats make up the bulk of the skillet cookie.
But another ingredient in it that adds fudginess… lentils!!! Okay, you may not be surprised because lentils are also in my skillet brownie. But I just couldn’t help myself from putting them in this recipe. Beans All Day is my motto.
Of course you can’t make a giant chocolate chip peanut butter skillet cookie without topping it with ice cream, am I right?! Thankfully So Delicious just released a NEW line of Dairy Free Mousses that are light and fluffy, perfect complements to the rich and fudgy skillet cookie. So Delicious, come through.
There are seven flavors: Mango Swirl, Lemon Swirl, Chocolate Chip, Salted Caramel Swirl, Strawberry Swirl, Peanut Butter Swirl, and Cranberry Cherry Swirl. Can you guess which one we’re using on top of the skillet cookie? PEANUT BUTTER SWIRL, of course. You can never have too much peanut butter.
Each pint of So Delicious Dairy Free Mousse is 330 calories, so you can enjoy a light sweet treat at the end of the day. Or in the middle of the day–live your life.
So Delicious Dairy Free believes in being “So Kind” to people, animals, and the planet, so all of their products are vegan and sourced from vendors with integrity. You all KNOW that totally aligns with how I try to live my life, so I’m happy to support companies like So Delicious who are changing the world.
Don’t you love that we can have our chocolate chip peanut butter skillet cookie and eat it too? With some Dairy Free Peanut Butter Swirl Mousse, of course.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie (vegan & gluten-free)
What’s better than a giant cookie? A giant Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie! It’s rich and fudgy, but made a bit healthier using oats and lentils. Vegan & gluten-free!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 10
- Category: Dessert
- 1/2 cup dry red lentils
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened peanut powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 pint So Delicious Dairy Free Peanut Butter Swirl Mousse
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 10 or 12-inch oven-safe skillet* with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, add lentils and 1 ½ cups water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer and cover. Cook for 15 minutes, until lentils are tender.
- In a food processor, add oats, peanut powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend until a fine flour forms. Add cooked lentils, sugar, applesauce, non-dairy milk, peanut butter, and vanilla. Blend until a smooth batter forms. Add chocolate chips; stir to evenly distribute through the batter.
- Pour batter into greased skillet. Bake for 25-28 minutes, until cookie is cooked through but still fudgy. Reduce cooking time for an even fudgier cookie.
- Remove from oven; let cool for 5-10 minutes. Slice to serve and top with scoops of So Delicious Dairy Free Peanut Butter Swirl Mousse.
*I use a cast iron skillet. You can also use a cake pan.
Thanks to So Delicious Dairy Free for sponsoring this post! I love working with brands whose products I really love and would honestly recommend. Thank you for supporting this blog that I love oh-so-much!