These Vegan Seven Layer Tostadas are loaded with all of your favorite taco toppings like beans, cashew cheese and avocado! A healthy 30-minute meal great for busy weeknights or for serving a crowd. In partnership with Lightlife!
Another Mexican-inspired recipe for you today! I hope all of you are enjoying all the bean/avocado/salsa goodness, because I sure am having fun eating it all after photographing it.
I start school exactly a month from when I’m writing this (July 20), which is both incredibly exciting and nerve-racking. I’m excited because I’ll be in a new state, studying something that I want to learn about, and I love the program I’m starting. But just the thought of getting back into school mode exhausts me. I’m not ready for all-nighters again…
But alas, that is the reality of college, so I accept the challenge of the next three years of grad school. All the sleepless nights and research papers will be worth it!
Of course, I need to make sure I’m FUELED well to help me thrive (not just survive) during long days of class, work, my assistantship position and a social life. I’m already stockpiling recipes that I can quickly whip up on a busy night when I’m drowning in schoolwork.
Enter these Vegan Seven Layer Tostadas, which are done in 30 minutes and made with healthy ingredients!
These seven layer tostadas are packed with plant-based protein thanks to refried beans and Lightlife Smart Ground Mexican Crumbles, which have 10 grams of protein per serving!
Here are the seven layers we’re working with:
- Refried beans
- Lightlife Smart Ground Mexican Crumbles
- Cashew cheese
- Black olives
A perfect, wholesome, satisfying meal!
The recipe as-is makes about four servings, but feel free to double the recipe to feed a crowd! Also, if you’re prepping these for dinner throughout the week, keep the ingredients separate then assemble when ready to eat.
Vegan Seven Layer Tostadas
These Vegan Seven Layer Tostadas are loaded with all of your favorite taco toppings like beans, cashew cheese and avocado! A healthy 30-minute meal great for busy weeknights or for serving a crowd.
- 1 package Lightlife Smart Ground Mexican Crumbles
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup carrots, chopped into ½-inch chunks
- ¾ cup—1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon miso paste (optional)
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 15-ounce cans vegetarian refried beans
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 6-ounce can sliced black olives
- 1–2 avocados, sliced
- Cook Lightlife Smart Ground according to package directions.
- In a small saucepan, add cashews and carrots; cover with water. Bring to a boil; let boil for 10 minutes. Drain.
- In a blender, add cashews, carrots, non-dairy milk, nutritional yeast, miso, garlic, onion powder, turmeric, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Toast tortillas under oven broiler or in a toaster. Arrange on a flat surface to prepare for toppings.
- On each tortilla, add a scoop of refried beans; spread into a flat layer. Top each with a scoop of Lightlife Smart Ground, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, a drizzle of cashew cheese and avocado slices.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve!
Thanks to Lightlife for sponsoring this post! I love working with brands whose products I really love and would honestly recommend. Thank you for supporting this blog that I love oh-so-much!