Stop skipping lunch on busy days! This Vegan Burrito Bowl takes 5 minutes to throw together. It’s the quick healthy lunch you’ll make on repeat.
5 Minute Vegan Burrito Bowl
You know those days where you’re on an absolute roll, plowing through your to-do list and cranking out projects right and left, so much so that the first time you have a minute to breathe and look at the clock you realize it’s 2:45 p.m. and you haven’t eaten lunch? Or those mornings where you sleep through your alarm and realize you have 12 minutes to get out the door? Yup. We’ve all been there.
I think we can all agree that there’s nothing worse than feeling like you don’t have a second to breathe. Not to mention time to make yourself a healthy lunch. But my friends, that’s where recipes like this vegan burrito bowl come in!
I like to keep a list of quick healthy lunch ideas on hand for those crazy weeks where I know I won’t have time to think too much about lunch, and this black bean burrito bowl is right at the top of that list. It’s packed with nourishing ingredients to keep you energized for your day, but even better is that it can be made in just about five minutes!
How to Make a Vegan Burrito Bowl
Here’s the deal, friends. We are not trying to overcomplicate things. Like I said, we’re talking QUICK healthy lunch ideas here. This vegan burrito bowl is packed with simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand. Here are all the components:
- Greens. Go with what you’ve got! Romaine, baby kale, arugula, shredded cabbage, spring mix, spinach – it all works! Grab a handful and add it into your bowl as your base.
- Rice. The key is microwavable instant rice. I used VeeTee microwavable brown rice, which is done in just two minutes and ready to go on top of your greens.
- Beans. Beans pack in protein and fiber to our vegan burrito bowl to keep you feeling satiated. I used black beans in this vegan burrito bowl, but you could also use pintos. Strain and rinse then can, then add some to your bowl. If you prefer dried beans, you could make a batch of Instant Pot Black Beans.
- Veggies. Use what you have on hand! I had a bell pepper and frozen corn so that’s what I used! A few diced cherry tomatoes or shredded carrots would also be great! If you like spice, try adding some sliced jalapenos. A bit of fresh mango or pineapple would also be *chef’s kiss*
- Guacamole. The best part of any vegan burrito bowl is the guac. You could totally use store bought, but it’s easy to make so we can whip some up ourselves for a fraction of the price and it tastes 10000x better. All you need is an avocado, a lime, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mash up your avo, squeeze in the lime, add the spices and mix it up! Add a dollop to the top of your bowl for a serving of healthy fats.
- Salsa. You can use any variety! Pour on as much as you like to add flavor!
More Quick Healthy Lunch Ideas
Sometimes we really don’t have more than 5-10 minutes to put together a quick meal, but that doesn’t mean you should sacrifice on flavor! If you need more quick healthy lunch ideas, check out some of these recipes!
Vegan Burrito Bowl
Don’t skip lunch on busy days! This Vegan Burrito Bowl takes 5 minutes to throw together. It’s the quick healthy lunch you’ll make on repeat.
- 1/2 cup VeeTee Dine In Microwaveable Brown Rice
- 2 cups romaine, chopped
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup corn (thawed if frozen)
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- Add lettuce to a bowl or a lunch container. Top with 1/2 cup rice, black beans, bell pepper, corn, salsa, cilantro, and lime juice.
- In a small bowl, add avocado, garlic power, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mash until smooth. Scoop on top of burrito bowl.