This Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Pasta is a quick and healthy dinner recipe to add to your rotation! Whole grain noodles are smothered in a flavorful sauce and topped with vegan chicken tenders for plant protein. In partnership with Dr. Praeger’s!
PASTA. I am a lover of any and all vegan pasta recipes. Spaghetti, pasta skillets, vegan mac & cheese, lasagna… you name it, I’ll eat it. Where my pasta lovers at?!
Today I have for you this beautiful and delicious plate of Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Pasta. You’re welcome.
The Secret to Creamy Vegan Sauces
If you’re new around here, let me tell you a little insider trick—the secret to the creamiest vegan sauces is CASHEWS. Yes, this humble nut ain’t just for snackin’. When blended with liquid and some spices, cashews transform into a smooth sauce perfect for smothering noodles.’
Two things: 1. Use raw cashews. 2. Soak them in water overnight, or boil them for 10 minutes, to get them soft enough to blend.
For this sun dried tomato pasta, we’re blending soaked cashews with flavorful sun dried tomatoes, nutritional yeast (cheesy flavor), garlic, and spices. Don’t eat it all before you pour it onto the pasta…
For some plant protein, we’re adding Dr. Praeger’s new Classic Chick’n Tenders on top! These “meaty” vegan chick’n tenders are seriously amazing. I love eating them on their own with some ketchup and fries on the side (makes me feel like a kid again).
But they’re also delicious mixed into dishes like this sun dried tomato pasta! It’s kind of like chicken alfredo, but more adult and ~sophisticated~, thanks to the addition of sun dried tomatoes.
I know you’re going to love this creamy sun dried pasta. Want to see more vegan pasta recipes? What is your favorite pasta shape? Let me know in the comments!
Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
This Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Pasta is a quick and healthy dinner recipe to add to your rotation! Whole grain noodles are smothered in a flavorful sauce and topped with vegan chicken tenders for plant protein.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Dinner
- 1 package Dr. Praeger’s Classic Chick’n Tenders
- 1 16-ounce box whole grain spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight*
- 3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (in oil), divided
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon oil (from sun dried tomatoes)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Cook Classic Chick’n Tenders according to package directions. When cool, slice into thin strips.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
- In the pot that the spaghetti cooked in, warm oil over medium-low heat. Add spinach; cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until wilted. Return pasta to pot.
- In a blender or food processor, add cashews, 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, nutritional yeast, oil, non-dairy milk, garlic, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Blend until smooth. Pour sauce over pasta and spinach.
- Slice remaining 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes into thin strips. Add to pasta; stir to combine.
- Top pasta with slices of Classic Chick’n Tenders and red pepper flakes.
*If you forget to soak cashews overnight, boil water and pour over cashews. Let sit for 10 minutes.
Thanks to Dr. Praeger’s for sponsoring this post! I love working with brands whose products I really love and would honestly recommend. Thank you for supporting this blog that I love oh-so-much!