In partnership with NOW Foods. This 10-ingredient Easy Vegetable Lo Mein is a simple dinner meal that’s done in 30 minutes! Vegan and made with gluten-free noodles.
You know those nights when you reeeeally don’t want to cook? I’ve been having more of those lately since I’m going on 3+ weeks of cooking every single meal at home.
Are you also feeling a little burnt out in the kitchen? I get it. Let me introduce you to this suuuuper simple Vegetable Lo Mein that is done in 30 minutes.
It also happens to be Earth Month this April, so we can celebrate with this plant-based dinner recipe! Sustainable recipes for the win.
How to Make Lo Mein
This vegetable lo mein is truly the simplest healthy dinner to make when you really don’t feel like cooking. It comes together with just a few ingredients:
- Quinoa Spaghetti Pasta. A traditional lo mein recipe is made with Chinese egg noodles (wheat-based). In this vegan and gluten-free vegetable lo mein, we’re using NOW Foods Quinoa Spaghetti Pasta – made with rice, quinoa, and amaranth.
- Extra Virgin Sesame Seed Oil. I’m embarrassed to tell you how many bottles of this sesame seed oil we’ve gone through in the last few months. This NOW Foods Ellyndale Organics Extra Virgin Sesame Seed Oil is perfect for cooking the vegetables and then using to cook the noodles. We’re obsessed with making Asian noodles!
- Vegetables. Any vegetable works in this vegetable lo mein! I went with mushrooms, broccoli, bell pepper, and carrots.
- Soy sauce. Here’s a money-saving trick: buy regular soy sauce, then dilute it with water to create low-sodium soy sauce for half the price.
- Sugar. Just a pinch!
- Sesame seeds. For a little crunch on top! I’m using NOW Foods Organic Sesame Seeds, which I sprinkle on absolutely everything.
I’m really excited to partner with NOW Foods to bring you this vegetable lo mein recipe and more recipes throughout 2020! They’re truly one of my favorite brands as they’re still family-owned and offer so many vegan, cruelty-free, and natural products.
Chow Mein vs. Lo Mein
What’s the difference? It’s all in the noodles!
A traditional lo mein recipe is made with Chinese egg noodles (wheat-based) that have been boiled. Chow mein is made with these same noodles, but they’re fried until crispy.
You could totally try boiling these NOW Foods Quinoa Spaghetti Pasta noodles and then frying them to make this a chow mein recipe. Experiment! Why not!
More 30 Minute Meals
If you’re looking for more dinners like this vegetable lo mein that take 30 minutes or less to prepare, I’ve got you:
- 30 Minute Vegan Peanut Butter Noodles
- Vegan Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Easy Jackfruit Tostadas
- Teriyaki Tempeh Lettuce Wraps
- Vegan Pad Thai by Vegan Heaven
- Lentil Bolognese by The Almond Eater
Easy Vegetable Lo Mein
This 10-ingredient Easy Vegetable Lo Mein is a simple dinner meal that’s done in 30 minutes! Vegan and made with gluten-free noodles.
- 1 8-ounce box NOW Foods Quinoa Spaghetti Pasta
- 2 tablespoons NOW Foods Ellyndale Organics Extra Virgin Sesame Seed Oil, divided
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- NOW Foods Organic Sesame Seeds
- Sliced green onions or chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; set aside. Tip: toss pasta in a bit of oil to prevent sticking.
- Use the same pot in which you cooked the pasta. Place over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon oil. When hot, add bell pepper, carrot, and broccoli. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring. Add mushrooms; cook for 5 minutes, until mushrooms are lightly browned. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute, until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- To the pot, add pasta, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, soy sauce, and sugar. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Top with sesame seeds and garnishes.
- Serving Size: 1/3 of recipe
- Calories: 399.8
- Sugar: 5.2
- Sodium: 417.3
- Fat: 10.9
- Saturated Fat: 1.4
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 68.2
- Fiber: 5.9
- Protein: 9.9
- Cholesterol: 0
Thanks to NOW Foods for sponsoring this post! I love working with brands whose products I really love and would honestly recommend. Thank you for your support!