This Hummus Veggie Wrap is an easy, healthy vegan recipe. It’s made with simple ingredients and it’s perfectly packable for lunches on the go.
Hummus Veggie Wrap
It’s that time of year, you guys. It’s August, which means people are going to start heading back to school soon and jumping back into routines.
While we still have a decent chuck of warm summer weeks ahead of us, I know plenty of you are heading back to school yourselves, packing lunches for kids who are, or maybe you’re getting ready to head back to the office after working from home. Long story short, we could all use more packable easy vegan lunch ideas, right?
That’s where this Hummus Veggie Wrap comes in! It’s loaded with delicious, creamy hummus, and if you’re packing it for your kids, they’ll love how colorful it is thanks to plenty of veggies. Plus it’ll keep you feeling full and energized for your whole afternoon thanks to all the complex carbs and plant-based protein. Best part? You can make it in under 10 minutes. So what are you waiting for?! Let’s make some hummus veggie wraps!
How to Build the Perfect Hummus Veggie Wrap
There are two keys to building the perfect lunch: it needs to be easy and it needs to keep you feeling energized. I typically don’t have tons of time to spend on packing lunches, and if I’m eating lunch on the go, the last thing I want is to feel hungry an hour afterwards. Wraps are great because they’re wasy to make, and lucky for you I’ve got a formula for how to build a filling veggie wrap! This hummus veggie wrap follows the formula, but if you’re looking to get creative and choose your own ingredients, here’s how:
- Start with complex carbs. A whole-wheat or gluten-free tortilla are great choices. I’m also adding in microwavable rice. Using microwavable rice will help shave off prep time, and the added source of complex carbs help keep you feeling fueled and energized.
- Add a spread. This is a hummus veggie wrap, so spoiler alert, we’re using hummus. Veggie wraps can be boring if you don’t add a good, flavorful spread! Hummus is thick, creamy and comes in so many flavors so you really can’t go wrong adding it into your wraps. If you’re not a hummus fan, guac, tapenade, or this vegan pesto from Minimalist Baker would also be great!
- Pick a protein. I used black beans in this hummus veggie wrap. Canned beans are so easy to drain and add in with minimal effort! Any canned beans you have on hand would be great.
- Choose a healthy fat. Hellooooo avocado! Healthy fats keep you feeling satiated, and avocado is a great fat source because it’s also packed full of fiber.
- Pack on the veggies. I’m using spinach, carrot, bell pepper and cucumber for this hummus veggie wrap because I love a good crunch. Use any fresh veggies you’ve got on hand!
More Easy Vegan Lunch Ideas
This hummus veggie wrap is one of my go-to’s for an easy vegan lunch that I know I can count on to keep me full and satisfied. If you’re looking for more inspiration, try some of these easy vegan lunch ideas!
- 5 Minute Vegan Burrito Bowl
- Curry Quinoa Salad with Grapes and Walnuts
- Buffalo Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Black Bean Power Bowl with Avocado Pesto
- Vegan Sushi Bowl
Hummus Veggie Wrap
This Hummus Veggie Wrap is an easy, healthy vegan recipe. It’s made with simple ingredients and it’s perfectly packable for lunches on the go
- 1/4 cup microwaveable brown rice
- 1 whole-wheat or gluten-free tortilla
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- Warm up tortilla in a microwave (about 15 seconds).
- In the middle of tortilla, spread hummus evenly. Top with spinach, 1/4 cup rice, black beans, carrot, bell pepper, cucumber, and avocado.
- Fold in the edges of the tortilla, then flip one side over and roll like a burrito. Wrap in foil.