It’s always 5 o’ clock with these Mango Jalapeno Margaritas! They’re the best spicy margarita recipe blended with fresh mangos and jalapeno.
Mango Jalapeno Margaritas
I wish I could invite you all over for mango jalapeno margaritas so we could chat and laugh and eat and celebrate. What are we celebrating, you may be asking?
Well, if you haven’t noticed already… EMILIE EATS GOT A FRESH NEW LOOK!
Creating this new, beautiful, way more functional website has been almost two years in the making, and I’m so excited to finally introduce it to the world (or, at least you all who read this!).
I started this blog way back in August 2015, with the intention of sharing my recipes with those who wanted to eat delicious plant-based food. It was truly just a hobby and a creative outlet for me.
Fast forward almost four years: sharing my plant-based recipes is still my bread and (vegan) butter. It’s what I LOVE to do, and I hope to do it for as long as possible. The blog isn’t a hobby anymore, it’s my job. And I needed a website that reflected that.
I also wanted a website that would be easier for YOU to navigate. We’ve optimized and tweaked everything so that being on Emilie Eats is a positive, valuable experience.
Poke around the website and explore. My favorite feature is the recipe index: you can search my meal type, dietary preferences, and major ingredients – or some combination of those! Want to search for dinners that are gluten-free and contain mushrooms and beans? You can do that. IT’S SO COOL!
So on this beautiful spring Thursday, I’m celebrating this website launch and what I’ve been able to create and share through Emilie Eats. I’m also celebrating YOU, because without you sharing and making my recipes and commenting such nice things, I wouldn’t be where I am right now. I appreciate you more than you know!
It’s also my birthday Saturday (what a weekend!), so a new spicy margarita recipe is very much called for. Let’s talk about these beauties!
Ingredients for Mango Jalapeno Margaritas
The blend of sweet mango and jalapeno heat is divine in this spicy margarita recipe. I could never pass on a classic margarita, but I love trying new flavors. This mango jalapeno margarita recipe belongs in your cocktail rotation for sure.
No crazy garnishes or expensive obscure liqueurs necessary. Here’s what you’ll need to make them:
- Limes. We’ll be using juice in the margaritas themselves, but also using lime wedges to prep the salt rim. You’re also welcome to garnish with them!
- Salt. I loooove a good salty rim, and it really balances out the sweetness in these mango jalapeno margaritas, so I highly recommend it. If you’re not a fan, you can of course skip on it.
- Silver tequila. Any brand will work, so grab your favorite!
- Triple sec. This is a clear orange liqueur and you really can’t make a margarita without it, so these mango jalapeno margaritas are no exception. It’s fairly cheap and easy to find!
- Mango. I recommend using fresh mangos for a super sweet and juicy mango jalapeno margarita, but if you like your margaritas super icy you could also use frozen.
- Jalapeno. You’ll want to remove the seeds, unless you like your spicy margaritas suuuuuper spicy.
How to Make Mango Jalapeno Margaritas
These mango jalapeno margaritas are so good for summertime entertainmening because it all comes together in a blender, so it’s super simple to chuck everything in a blender to make a big batch if you’re celebrating with a crowd.
Simply blend fresh mango with your tequila, triple sec, jalapeno slices and ice. Leave in the seeds of the jalapeno if you want an extra spicy margarita. For more of a frozen margarita, I would use frozen mango. Definitely trying that next time!
More Summer Cocktail Recipes
Cheers to you, cheers to Emilie Eats, and cheers to mango jalapeno margaritas. If you’re looking for more ways to celebrate, check out these other summer cocktail recipes and raise a glass!
- Strawberry Kombucha Mimosa
- Cilantro Cucumber Margaritas
- Peach Blueberry Sangria Mocktails
- Frozen Watermelon Margarita
Mango Jalapeno Margaritas
It’s always 5 o’clock with these Mango Jalapeno Margaritas! It’s the best spicy margarita recipe blended with real mango and fresh jalapenos.
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Salt for rims
- 1/2 cup silver tequila
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup mango, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed
- 2 cups ice
- Cut a notch down the middle of a lime wedge. Place on the rim of a glass and run around the rim; repeat with a second glass.
- Place salt in a shallow dish. Dip the rim of the glass into salt; repeat with other glass.
- In a blender, add tequila, triple sec, lime juice, mango, jalapeno and ice. Blend until smooth.
- Divide between the two glasses. Garnish with lime wedges.