These Roasted Corn Tacos with Mango Slaw feature seasonal produce and hearty veggie burgers for a dinner recipe that comes together in under 1 hour. These will give you serious beach vibes! In partnership with Dr. Praeger’s Sensible Foods.
We’re not even done with April yet, but I can’t help but dream about summer. Can you blame me?
Maybe it’s because I’m done with undergrad in literally 4 days (what the!!), and then I’ll have 3 sweet months of summer, during which my only responsibilities will be this blog and packing. And lots of laying-out-in-the-sun time. I can taste the freedom already…
I can also taste sweet, juicy watermelon and pineapple and savory veggie burgers straight off the grill. Summer brings along with it the best darn food. The best fruit is in season and I can eat it all day long?! I’m in! Sweet grilled corn? Sign me up.
What’s your favorite summery food? Mine is straight up watermelon. 🍉🍉🍉
Since I’ve been summer dreamin’ lately, I think I subconsciously got the idea for these roasted corn tacos because I’m so ready for summer produce like corn and mangos.
Corn grows like weeds around here, so I got them for about $0.50 a cob. What a steal. I got the mangoes at Whole Foods during their occasional 5/$5 mango sale, which is literally heaven. If you ever see that deal, GO CRAZY!
To give the tacos some “meatiness,” I also snagged some Dr. Praeger’s Tex Mex Veggie Burgers! The slightly-spicy, savory flavor complements the sweet corn and tangy mango slaw like avocado complements toast. AKA perfectly.
These burgers are made with black beans and tons of veggies like zucchini, broccoli, red peppers, string beans… all the good stuff!
Be on the lookout for more recipes here featuring Dr. Praeger’s convenient plant-based products, as I’ll be partnering with them all throughout the year. How cool is that?! But first, TACOS!
A quick roasting in the oven gets the corn nice and charred, then you’ll cook the veggie burgers. Pro tip: I like to bake them according to the package directions, then broil them for a couple minutes to get them extra crispy! (But watch them closely – I’ve burned many-a-thing during broiling.)
Top with the tangy mango slaw and your choice of toppings. Avocado is always necessary, of course. I also love vegan sour cream and fresh cilantro!
Roasted Corn Tacos with Mango Slaw
These Roasted Corn Tacos with Mango Slaw feature seasonal produce and hearty veggie burgers for a dinner recipe that comes together in under 1 hour. These will give you serious beach vibes!
- 2 ears of corn (or 1 1/2 cups, canned or frozen)
- 1 package Dr. Praeger’s Sensible Foods Tex Mex Veggie Burgers
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Optional toppings: vegan sour cream, salsa, fresh cilantro
For the mango slaw:
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 3/4 cup mango, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Cut corn off ears; place on baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until corn is slightly charred.
- While the corn cooks, prepare the slaw. In a large bowl, add all slaw ingredients. Toss until evenly combined; let sit in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Cook veggie burgers according to package directions.* Cut each burger into 4-5 pieces, then arrange on the tortillas.
- Top tacos with roasted corn, mango slaw, avocado slices, and desired toppings.
*To make the veggie burgers extra crispy, broil for 1-2 minutes.
Thanks to Dr. Praeger’s Sensible Foods for sponsoring this post! I love working with brands whose products I really love and would honestly recommend. Thank you for supporting this blog that I love oh-so-much!