These Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos are packed with flavor. Top them off with a creamy avocado cilantro sauce for the perfect taco night! This post was sponsored by Tessemae’s All Natural. I only work with brands whose products and missions I truly believe in. Thanks for supporting my blog!
Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos with Avocado Sauce
Stop whatever you’re doing. Run to your kitchen to check if you have all the ingredients for these tacos – and if you don’t, get to a grocery store now.
Y’all, these buffalo cauliflower tacos are SO GOOD. I’m literally drooling looking at these pictures again – like, when is lunch time??!?
If you asked me to name my favorite foods, roasted cauliflower, buffalo sauce and avocado would definitely make the list, right next to green apples, vegan cheesecake, and kombucha. Is that a weird mix of food? Well, surprise, I stuffed half of the foods on my favorites list into one recipe. Does it get any better than this?
No. The answer is NO. I honestly don’t know how it gets better than hearty, spicy, vegan buffalo cauliflower stuffed in a tortilla with a creamy avocado sauce. Can we get an amen??
If you couldn’t tell from the post, I am SUPER pumped to share this recipe with you guys (and to eat these tacos for lunch). I really hope you get to make these! I promise that everyone will enjoy them, and you’ll feel like the ultimate champ knowing you made plants EXTRA delicious.
Ingredients for Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
These buffalo cauliflower tacos are truly next level. The combo of mild (& a little spicy) buffalo sauce + cauliflower topped with fresh, crisp veggies and cooling avocado cilantro sauce has got to be the best taco creation I’ve ever made. Maybe the best meal creation I’ve ever made? Bold words, I know, but these roasted cauliflower tacos ARE bold.
You only need a handful of simple ingredients for these tacos. Since the buffalo cauliflower is the base of this recipe, you want to use a good quality buffalo sauce – my absolute favorite is Tessemae’s All Natural Mild Buffalo Sauce! Pair it with an avocado cilantro sauce and you’re in for a flavor-packed meal.
Here’s everything you’ll need to make these buffalo cauliflower tacos:
- Brown rice flour. I used brown rice flour to make these cauliflower tacos gluten-free, but you can use any flour you have in your pantry.
- Plant-based milk. Any kind will work, as long as it’s unsweetened.
- Spices. We’re using onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Cauliflower. Grab a head of fresh cauliflower from the store. Frozen won’t roast as well as fresh for this recipe.
- Tessemae’s Mild Buffalo Sauce. Most store-bought dressings and condiments have a lot of added sugars, but Tessemae’s uses minimal, delicious ingredients. The buffalo sauce we’re using here is just a little oil and organic spices!
- Avocado. We’re making a dreamy, creamy avocado sauce that makes for a perfect pair for the spicy buffalo cauliflower.
- Cilantro. Are tacos complete without cilantro? We’re tossing plenty of it in our avocado crema!
- Lime. I highly recommend using fresh lime for this recipe.
- Garlic. We’re tossing one raw clove of garlic into our avocado sauce to amp up the flavor.
- Tortillas. Choose your favorite!
How to Make Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower
If you’ve never made roasted buffalo cauliflower, you’re in for a delicious treat. It’s one recipe my mom always requests me to cook when I’m home! The cauliflower is hearty enough for even the most carnivorous of meat-eaters, and the buffalo sauce gives it a traditional “chicken wings” feel. Hey, anything to get people to eat more vegetables!
These are surprisingly super easy and come together in just under an hour – the best kind of meals, in my opinion. Hosting a party? These would be absolutely amazing for pleasing a crowd and are super customizable for everyone to make their perfect tacos with their favorite toppings. Taco bar, anyone??
Here’s how to make the roasted vegan buffalo cauliflower for your tacos:
- Preheat oven to 425F and prep your baking sheet with cooking spray or parchment paper
- Make the flour dredge by mixing the flour, milk and spices in a large bowl
- Break down your cauliflower into florets
- Mix the cauliflower in the dredge and toss until the florets are completely coated
- Bake at 425 for 30 minutes and then remove from the oven
- Pour the buffalo sauce over the cauliflower, toss and then pop them back into the oven for another 10 minutes
How to Make a Creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce
Every vegan taco recipe needs to be finished off with a delicious sauce, and these buffalo cauliflower tacos are no exception. You could totally top these tacos off with guac, salsa or vegan sour cream, but I gotta say that this avocado cilantro sauce is truly the perfect condiment to finish things off. It’s reminiscent of guac, but saucier and creamier to really balance out the spiciness of the buffalo cauliflower.
All you have to do to make this avocado cilantro sauce is blend up the ingredients! Toss your avocado, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, milk and spices into a blender or food processor and blend it up until you have the world’s creamiest avocado crema. I love using my NutriBullet to make it extra creamy. You’re gonna want to pour this stuff on everything.
And speaking of sauces, I think we all know that a sauce can totally be the piece that takes a meal over the top in the flavor department. I add condiments to most of my meals to keep things tasty and saucy! Tessemae’s All Natural has the BEST marinades and condiments for all your cooking needs. They have a variety of sauces to choose from so you’ve got a sauce for any kind of meal you’re making!
Not all of Tessemae’s products are vegan, but you can create your own pack with your choice of products to have the tastiest meals ever! And (super exciting news alert!!!) Tessemae’s is offering you awesome people 10% off a custom pack with code EmilieEats so you can enjoy their vegan products. You can go here to start creating your custom sauce pack!
The sauces I always go for are the Organic Lemon Chesapeake, Organic Ketchup, Organic Yellow Mustard, Southwest Ranch, Mild Buffalo Sauce, and Organic BBQ Sauce.
Tips for Making Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
These buffalo cauliflower tacos are simple to make, and there are lots of ways to customize them and make them your own. Here are a few things to keep in mind when making tweaks or troubleshooting:
- Choosing different flours for the dredge. I used a gluten-free flour for my cauliflower dredge, but you can use standard All Purpose Flour. If you use a traditional wheat flour, be careful not to overmix the dredge, otherwise it may turn out a little gummy the more you mix it.
- Don’t skip the double-bake. I know it feels a little annoying to pull the cauliflower out, sauce it and then pop it back in for a second back, but I promise you it’s work it to take the extra step. The first bake gives the cauliflower a chance to crips up before you sauce it. Then, waiting until the cauliflower is crispy to add the sauce prevents the sauce from burning in the oven.
- Warm your tortillas. Ever make tacos and get a little frustrated when your tortillas crumble when you go to pick them up? Take a couple extra minutes to heat them up on the stove, or wrap them in a damp paper towel and pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds to heat them up. They’ll be tender and much easier to eat!
- Top it off! While I definitely encourage you to make the avocado cilantro sauce for these buffalo cauliflower tacos, there are so many other toppings that are delicious on top! Red cabbage, chopped cilantro, lime wedges, radish slices and jalapeno are all delicious with these tacos.
- Turn them into a burrito bowl. Don’t have tortillas on hand? Serve this buffalo cauliflower with rice, black beans, corn, and a big drizzle of avocado crema for a delicious bowl!
More Vegan Taco Recipes
Tacos are a go-to easy weeknight dinner for me. It’s so easy to mix them up, they’re typically pretty quick to make and they’re one of the most delicious foods you can eat in my opinion. If you’re looking for more ideas after you try these cauliflower tacos, check out these other vegan taco recipes!
- BBQ Jackfruit Tacos
- Grilled Portobello Mushroom Tacos
- Roasted Corn Tacos with Mango Slaw
- Vegan Walnut Taco Meat by Plant Based RD
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos with Avocado-Pepita Dip by Cookie and Kate
- 1-Pot Smoky Lentil Vegan Taco Meat by Minimalist Baker
Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos with Avocado Sauce
These Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos are packed with flavor. Top them off with a creamy avocado cilantro sauce for the perfect taco night!
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour*
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup Tessemae’s Mild Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced (about 1 clove)
- 6–8 tortillas
- Toppings: red cabbage, chopped cilantro, lime wedges, jalapeno slices
- Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add flour, 1/2 cup milk, 1 teaspoon onion powder, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Remove the leaves and stem of the cauliflower and break it up into bite-size florets. Add the cauliflower to the flour mixture; toss until the florets are evenly coated. Spread the florets in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 30 minutes, then remove. Pour the buffalo sauce over the cauliflower, toss until evenly coated, then bake for 10 minutes.
- To make the sauce, add avocado, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Assemble the tacos by adding a scoop of cauliflower onto each tortilla. Drizzle with avocado cilantro sauce and add optional toppings. Dig in!
*You can use any flour you have on hand, such as spelt, whole-wheat, or gluten-free.
Thanks to Tessemae’s All Natural for sponsoring this post! I love working with brands whose products I really love and would honestly recommend. Thank you for supporting this blog that I love oh-so-much so I can bring you delicious recipes!