This post has been sponsored by SEEDS OF CHANGE™. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This Jerk Tofu Vegetable and Rice Bowl is inspired by bold Jamaican flavors and makes a delicious plant-based dinner. These bowls feature jerk tofu, whole grains, and juicy pineapple.
I have two sides to me. One side of me loves the idea of making my own flax crackers and sourdough bread and strawberry jam. But, let’s be real, who has the time for that?
The other side of me is the more realistic one—the one that has no time for homemade bread-making, who values convenience and saving time. I try to balance both sides because it is fun making food completely from scratch, but then real life comes along and you need some help.
That’s where SEEDS OF CHANGE™ products come in! I found the SEEDS OF CHANGE™ Quinoa and Brown Rice with Garlic at my local Safeway in the grain aisle, along with many other products from the brand! The Quinoa and Brown Rice with Garlic comes in microwaveable bags and is done in (wait for it) 90 SECONDS. And it still tastes good, I promise. Amen hallelujah.
I also love that SEEDS OF CHANGE™ brand donates 1% of their profits to helping communities enjoy real food grown from seeds! Companies that give back are my jam.
You can get a coupon for SEEDS OF CHANGE™ Quinoa and Brown Rice with Garlic on the Safeway app!
Okay, JERK TOFU vegetable bowls. That’s a whole lotta yum.
Since this bowl is all about convenience thanks to our whole grains that are done in basically no time, we’re using store-bought jerk marinade because we’re all busy.
How to cook tofu
Tofu is bland and readily absorbs any flavors you add to it, so it tastes best after a long soak in some marinade. If you don’t like tofu, try it again after marinating it in this Jamaican jerk sauce.
I sautéed kale, zucchini, and bell peppers for these jerk tofu vegetable bowls, but you could really use any vegetable. Broccoli? Go for it. Spinach? Sure. That bag of frozen vegetables that’s been in your freezer for a year? Cook it up.
Jerk Tofu Vegetable and Rice Bowl
These Jerk Tofu Vegetable Bowls are inspired by bold Jamaican flavors and make a delicious plant-based dinner. These bowls feature jerk tofu, whole grains, and juicy pineapple.
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed*
- 1/2 cup Jamaican jerk marinade, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch kale, chopped (about 5–6 cups)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package SEEDS OF CHANGE™ Quinoa and Brown Rice with Garlic
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Slice tofu into 1/2-inch cubes; place in a large bowl. Add 1/3 cup jerk marinade; toss to coat tofu evenly. Place in the fridge; let sit for at least 30 minutes. After marinating, place tofu in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes until crispy. Let cool for 5 minutes, then return to large bowl. Add the remaining jerk marinade; toss to coat evenly.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil. When hot, add zucchini and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add kale; cook for 2 minutes, stirring, until wilted. Season vegetables with salt and pepper.
4. Cook Quinoa & Brown Rice with Garlic according to package directions.
5. To arrange a bowl: place a scoop each of Quinoa and Brown Rice with Garlic, vegetables, and jerk tofu into a bowl. Add 1/4 cup pineapple. Top with sliced green onions and a drizzle of jerk marinade.
*Use a tofu press or wrap the tofu in paper towels and place in the sink with a heavy object on top. Press for 10-15 minutes.
Thanks to SEEDS OF CHANGE™ for sponsoring this post! I love working with brands whose products I really love and would honestly recommend. Thank you for supporting this blog that I love oh-so much!