Celebrate fall with these Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Bars – perfect for a sweet snack or healthy dessert! They’re vegan, gluten-free & done in under 1 hour.
Hi hi hi! I’m going to keep this post short & sweet because I am not feeling well at all (thanks, sinuses!). And because these Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Bars don’t really need an intro. Just look at ’em!
I think the blogosphere jumps full force into pumpkin season as soon as the Labor Day holiday is over. I hopped on Bloglovin’ (follow me here!) this morning to catch up on all my favorite blogs, and all I saw was pumpkin oatmeal! pumpkin cookies! pumpkin recipe round-up!
Us bloggers don’t play around when it comes to pumpkin season. We are SERIOUS.
These yummy no-bake protein bars were inspired by these Cookie Dough Protein Bars by Hummusapien that are seriously straight out of my dreams. Go make those, then come back here when you’re ready for pumpkin!
Let’s check out what’s in these bars:
- Oats. Gives them the ultimate chewiness factor!
- Pumpkin. Full of fiber, beta carotene and many other vitamins & minerals.
- Protein powder. I used this vanilla one by Vega, but this one by Bob’s Red Mill is also amazing. Chai protein powder would be nice, too!
- Almond butter. Makes them doughy! You can sub cashew butter or sunflower seed butter.
- Spices. Cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice give these the fall flavor we know & love.
These make flavorful, healthy snacks that are perfect when you need to grab a quick snack – just keep them in the freezer and grab one while you’re heading out the door! I also love these as a dessert. No matter what, they’re freaking amazing!
I hope you love these as much as I do! Now I’m off to relax and hopefully feel better. 🙂
- 2 cups oat flour
- ½ cup vanilla vegan protein powder (can also use chai-flavored)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon almond butter, divided (can also use cashew or sunflower seed butter)
- 3 tablespoons almond milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add oat flour, protein powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add pumpkin puree, ¼ cup almond butter, 2 tablespoons almond milk and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Stir until a firm dough forms, kneading with your hands if necessary.
- Add dough to the lined baked pan and press down to form a even layer.
- In a small bowl, add chocolate chips. Microwave in 30-second intervals until the chocolate is melted, stirring in between. Add 1 tablespoon almond butter and 1 tablespoon almond milk; stir until smooth.
- Pour chocolate over the dough in the pan and spread into an even layer.
- Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, then cut into 12-16 bars.
10 Days to Your Plant-Powered Kitchen: A FREE Email Challenge!
Learn the basics of plant-based cooking, pantry staples & more! Get inspired to be your healthiest self through 10 days of FREE emails with helpful tips & recipes!